Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kaleidoscope


ka⋅lei⋅do⋅scope[kuh-lahy-duh-skohp] noun

1. an optical instrument in which bits of glass, held loosely at the end of a rotating tube, are shown in continually changing symmetrical forms by reflection in two or more mirrors set at angles to each other.
2. a continually changing pattern of shapes and colors.
3. a continually shifting pattern, scene, or the like: The 1920s were a kaleidoscope of fads and fashions.
As long as I can remember I have been in love with kaleidoscopes. When I found out that I could create my own images using Paint Shop Pro I was simply amazed. I now have over a thousand images. Some of them may have taken me 2 or 3 hours to create and others just instantly light up the monitor and scream here I am. Any picture can be used but I prefer to use my own compositions. I can pick my colors or mediums. The images here are made from a single scan of lace, ribbon and different types of fibers. They are printed out on Premium High Gloss photo paper and are the required size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.


No comments: