Thursday, March 5, 2009

Let's JAM

I have been introduced to something new. It's all about sharing your creativity with your friends. This is the way it works. The first person creates 3 identical backgrounds. There is no theme just something interesting. That person sends the 3 cards to the second person. This person pick a focal point. It can be anything a picture, a found item or whatever. Again it is important to keep the cards identical. This person sends the cards to a 3rd person. They will add the details and/or embellishments. The 3rd person sends a card back to the 1st and the 2nd. You now have 3 friends that have shared very unique experience.
The scan with this post has six very special cards.

I got together with Trish and our friend Bernice Rittenhouse. We each made 2 sets of backgrounds. I gave one set to Bernie and the other set to Trish. After they added the focal point, they switched the sets Trish finished the set Bernice had been working on and Bernice the the set that Trish had. By the time the evening was over, we as a group had made 18 cards. Each of us has 6 cards to keep. The first 2 cards(column) Trish made the backgrounds, the next column were by Bernice and I made the last 2. Bernice added the picture of the woman to Trish's 1st background and I finished it with the a few metal brads and the words "never be ordinary". The second background I added the cat from a vintage postcard and Bernice finished it off. Trish added the ballerina's the Bernice orange color background and I finished it with a piece of ribbon, a clip and a some shimmering highlights. I added the flower stamps to Bernice's second and Trish finished it with the metal tag brad and added each of our initials. Trish added the picture of the little girl to my black, white and red background and Bernice finished it with the bling hearts and a metal corner brad. Bernice added the stamp of a beach scene to my pink and brown background and Trish finished it with the seahorse charm and the seashell.
This week I have been part of an International JAM. A woman named Kirrily for Australia sent me 3 backgrounds, I added a vintage picture of a young woman to each and I mailed the cards the a woman named Sandra who lives in Scotland. I can't wait to see the finished product. When I get it I will be sure to post it.

No comments: